Mid West Fabricating manufactures parts from wire rod using steels ranging from SAE 1006 to 1541 with sizes ranging from 4mm to 31.7mm (5/32″ to 1 1/4″) in diameter.
Our manufacturing facility includes a vast storage area of raw material with the ability for processing our own wire to your specified diameter. We stock most popular diameters for immediate use. This combined with our computerized scheduling procedure allows us to react quickly and efficiently to your JIT requirements.
Our wire mill is backed by an array of straightening and cutoff machinery including a large selection of extruding and heading machines for your every cold forming need. Our primary production manufacturing capabilities include machinery from presses ranging from 60 to 1000 tons to computer controlled wire bending machines.
Our cold forming processes include:
- Coining (swaging)
- Roll forming/threading
- CNC Wireforming of diameters from 3.2 to 15.8mm (1/8″ to 5/8″)
Our in-house secondary production operations include:
- Turning (Screw machine, CNC)
- Stress relieving
- Surface and Core hardening
- Tapping (Forming, Cutting)
- Grooving (Forming, Turning)
- Welding backed by a full time weld engineer
- ( Includes robotic, Mig, Tig, Resistance)
Our facilities offer the following finishing operations:
- E-coating with customizable racks
- Zinc plating